! LaTeX Error: File `algorithm2e.sty’ not found.

During yet another LaTeX project on my MacBook, I added some algorithms to my paper. After checking a couple of examples online, and discussing with a colleage I decided to go with algorithm2e over others such as algorithm, algorithmic, algorithmicx, program and pseudocode<span style=“font-size: xx-small;“>[1]. However I got the following error “**! LaTeX Error: File `algorithm2e.sty’ not found.**” Since I am using macport, to resolve this I needed to install the texlive-science package by executing **sudo

Read More →

How to install Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) style for MiKTeK on Windows 7

Following on from my previous post… I had the same issue when working on my Microsoft Windows desktop at home, i.e. got the following error “! LaTeX Error: File `llncs.cls’ not found.“. So had to download the “llncs2e.zip” file yet again from “http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0/“ Dowload and extract llncs2e.zip Create a directory called splncs in C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.?\bibtex\bst Move the extracted file splncs.bst, splncs_srt.bst, and splncs03.bst into the new directory C:\Program Files\MiKTeX

Read More →

Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) style

When working on a recent paper for a conference, I was required to produce it using the Spring Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) style. Being naive, I assumed TeX would automatically download the required package… unfortunately I got the following error “LaTeX Error: File `llncs.cls’ not found.” So I had to install the class manually. Here are the instructions for installing it on Mac OS X for latex from macport.

Read More →

APAcite on Mac OS X with texlive

While compiling a LaTeX document, a blank template of my PhD thesis to be exact, when I got the following error “! LaTeX Error: File `apacite.sty’ not found.” Again a quick search for Mac ports indicated that the texlive-bibtex-extra package was required. It was quickly installed using; sudo port install texlive-bibtex-extra Subsequent compile yielded more errors, this time it was “! Undefined control sequence. \abstract”. This was solved using the

Read More →