! LaTeX Error: File `algorithm2e.sty’ not found.

During yet another LaTeX project on my MacBook, I added some algorithms to my paper. After checking a couple of examples online, and discussing with a colleage I decided to go with algorithm2e over others such as algorithm, algorithmic, algorithmicx, program and pseudocode<span style=“font-size: xx-small;“>[1]. However I got the following error “**! LaTeX Error: File `algorithm2e.sty’ not found.**” Since I am using macport, to resolve this I needed to install the texlive-science package by executing **sudo

Read More →

Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) style

When working on a recent paper for a conference, I was required to produce it using the Spring Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) style. Being naive, I assumed TeX would automatically download the required package… unfortunately I got the following error “LaTeX Error: File `llncs.cls’ not found.” So I had to install the class manually. Here are the instructions for installing it on Mac OS X for latex from macport.

Read More →

APAcite on Mac OS X (Lion) with texlive

I had to recently rebuild my Mac Book Pro (gasp!), and decided to upgrade to Lion. The whole process was relatively painless. Files were copied back from backups, and updated from my SVN repositories, however I had troubles installing the appropriate Mac port package for the APACite classes. sudo port install texlive-bibtex-extra The latter yielded errors, which were logged in /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_perl_p5-text-bibtex/p5.12-text-bibtex/main.log Since the dependency p5.12-text-bibtex could not be installed, examination of the log file provided the following clues; error: ‘main’

Read More →

APAcite on Mac OS X with texlive

While compiling a LaTeX document, a blank template of my PhD thesis to be exact, when I got the following error “! LaTeX Error: File `apacite.sty’ not found.” Again a quick search for Mac ports indicated that the texlive-bibtex-extra package was required. It was quickly installed using; sudo port install texlive-bibtex-extra Subsequent compile yielded more errors, this time it was “! Undefined control sequence. \abstract”. This was solved using the

Read More →