This has been tested on Ubuntu 16.04.1 Desktop (64-bit), and assumes that arm-linux-gnuabi-gcc has already been installed, e.g.
sudo apt-get install -y gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
- Download the latest libpcap source tar ball from [http://www.tcpdump.org/#latest-releases], e.g. libpcap-1.8.1.tar.gz
- tar zxvf libpcap-1.8.1.tar.gz
- apt-get install flex bison byacc
- export CC = arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
- ./configure –host=arm-linux –with-pcap=linux
Once the library has been compiled, it may be linked to other code, using the -L gcc flag and the location of the library. e.g.